Written by: Ava Elliott, Marketing Intern and Future Dietitian
Reviewed by: Devon Kroesché, MS, RDN, LDN
Are you looking for a quick and easy Asian inspired rice bowl? You’re in luck. This rice bowl with eggplant and mushrooms adapted from The Foodie Takes Flight is extra delicious and easy to make. You can make this meal with extra veggies or a protein of your choice for more nutrients. Eggplants provide your body with fiber for a more satisfying meal, and vitamins A and C to protect against cell damage. Mushrooms also contain antioxidants that can protect your cells against damage and help prevent certain diseases like dementia and cancer.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 eggplant
- ¾ cup fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp sake
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Green onion, slices
- Sesame seeds
What To Do:
- Cut the eggplant into 2-in long pieces. Place in a bowl of salt water to wash.
- Slice mushrooms and drain eggplant.
- Over medium heat, warm large skillet or wok.
- Add in oil and eggplant until pieces start to become golden brown. Add in mushrooms to cook.
- Add sake, mirin, soy sauce, and honey and stir well. Allow sauce to reduce and coat veggies.
- Serve with steamed rice and slices of green onion & sesame seeds.
If you will be making this meal this week along with me, please share it with us on social media @CaseSpecificNutrition. On the other hand, if you do not have much time to cook this week, consider Case Specific Meal Prep. Reach out to one of our registered dietitians to talk about more health benefits of your food by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add a Comment