Student Spotlight by Therezia Alchoufete
- Make Realistic Goals
- Eat in moderation – recognize foods high in saturated fat, sugar, and sodium and avoid over-eating.
- Don’t deprive yourself of family favorites – enjoy treats, but watch portion sizes.
- Find Time For Exercise
- Incorporate physical activity into holiday chores – running the vacuum burns calories!
- Take a walk daily – even if that means walking around the mall as you finish your gift shopping.
- Plan For Parties
- Try to eat a healthy snack prior to going to the party to avoid over-eating
- Avoid items that are high in salt or sugar, such as cheese dip and cocktails – liquid calories do count!
- Treat Yourself
- Make time for sleep, family and friends – this will decrease stress and keep your metabolism going strong.
- Avoid over-booking your schedule – the holidays can be busy, but leave free time for relaxation.
- Create Healthy Traditions
- Cook with the family and let everyone choose a favorite recipe.
- Modify recipe ingredients to choose low fat & low sodium options when possible.
- Don’t change family favorites – instead, use portion control to eat in moderation.
Add a Comment