Not only is this pasta salad delicious, it’s rich in nutrients and will keep you satisfied for hours! (makes 8 servings)
- 1 12 oz box whole wheat orzo (can also use other types of pasta or lentil/chick pea pasta)
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, rinsed and chopped into little stalks
- 1/2 bunch fresh asparagus (I used about 15 stalks)
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 3-4 Tablespoons of lemon juice (or the juice of 2 lemons)
- 1 cup basil and 1 cup mint, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 red onion, diced finely
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook whole wheat orzo (other other type of pasta) al dente per directions on the box. 3-4 minutes before the pasta is done, toss asparagus in the pot with the pasta to blanch.
- Take asparagus out with tongs and toss in ice bath, removing after a minute or so.
- Strain and rinse pasta, allowing to cool.
- In a large frying pan, saute broccoli with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for roughly 5-7 minutes (should still be relatively firm).
- Toss together ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste!