Yield: 9 servings
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 large white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8″ thick
1 large egg
1 1/2 c. part-skim ricotta
4 c. reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray medium sauce pan with non-stick cooking spray. Dice onion and cook in pan with garlic until translucent. Add turkey and cook until browned.
3. Add tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. Cook for 20-25 minutes until sauce thickens up. Set aside.
4. Peel zucchini, then slice into 1/8″ thick slices. Place sliced zucchini on a non-stick cooking pan and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes to help dry it out.
5. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, and parmesan cheese.
6. To assemble lasagna, spread half of the turkey/meat sauce mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Place zucchini slices evenly over the meat sauce, then add 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over top of the zucchini. Next, sprinkle 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat with remaining layers, starting with the other half of the meat mixture.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving):
230 calories, 15g CHO, 20g pro, 10g fat
Add a Comment