1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 cup tomato, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 15 oz. can chick peas, drained/rinsed
1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1 15 oz. can light coconut milk
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. red pepper curry paste
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Spray large pot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Dice onion and place in pot to sauté for 2-3 minutes. As onions become translucent add garlic.
3. Dice tomato and carrots and add to pot after garlic cooks for 1 minute. Let cook for 5-8 minutes until carrots soften.
4. Add pumpkin puree and chick peas (drained and rinsed). Stir until well combined.
5. Stir in coconut milk and spices. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
Yields 6 (1 cup) servings
Calories: 189 kcal