6 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 c. Skim milk
3/4 c. Reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. Butter, melted
Olive oil spray
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. thyme, dried
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Slice potatoes 1/8 inch thick. Create a layer of sliced potatoes on the bottom of baking dish. Set aside remaining potatoes.
3. Sprinkle 1/3 c. reduced fat cheese over first layer of potatoes.
4. Dice onion into small pieces. Add to baking dish over top of potatoes and cheese.
5. In a medium sauce pan mix milk, butter, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over medium heat, stirring continuously until well combined. Pour half of mixture over potatoes and cheese.
6. Arrange second layer of potatoes over top. Pour other half of mixture over top of potatoes. Then top with remaining 2/3 c. cheese.
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until tender.
Yield 7 (1 cup) servings