Written by: Ava Elliott, Marketing Intern & Future Dietitian
Reviewed by: Devon Kroesché, MS, RDN, LDN
One of the best meal prep to give you a great energy boost in the morning while saving time will be this chocolatey baked oatmeal. If you love oatmeal like I do and want to switch up your recipe, try baking it! What is nice is that you can customize your flavor profile. I am going to share a banana chocolate chip recipe because I’m a chocoholic.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 large egg
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- ~2 cups milk (I use oat)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prep a 9×9 baking dish while you prepare your ingredients.
- Combine oats, egg, milk, banana, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Next add in cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips and stir well. Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (make sure center is cooked through).
- Cool for 15 minutes before enjoying.
- Keep in fridge for breakfasts or snacks for the next few days.
What is so great about baked oatmeal is you can start your day with benefits from a whole grain; including fiber and vitamins and minerals to boost your morning energy. (Read more about carbs here.) Adding fruit or yogurt with your baked oatmeal can add extra vitamins and protein from the Greek yogurt. This meal is a balance of nutrients to satisfy your hunger.
Share with us on social media by tagging @CaseSpecificNutrition on Instagram or Facebook. If you’d like to schedule an appointment with one of our dietitians, please email Scheduling@CaseSpecificNutrition.com.